The cursed beauty shoot


Last January, I started working on a new fashion series (a I-can't-tell-you-anything-about-yet type of series). It is going to involve a lot of time and work (but it is worth it, I swear it is a good idea) but I think that karma decided to make it even harder, because you know, it wouldn't be that fun otherwise... 

When you are a photographer not represented by an agent, you need to have good organization skills. Because 99% of the time, you will be the key to set up photoshoots.

Mid-February, I had it all not without struggle. A model from agency, a designer, a makeup artist, time and place.
The day comes, early Sunday morning, set-ups are ready, makeup artist is here, everybody else is on their way coming from all around the city. An hour goes by. And then 2. The model is not here, nobody called me, and I don't have the emergency number of the agency. For the first time ever, the model did not show up.

Luckily, the team I am working with is full of sweethearts who didn't get upset and agreed to postpone the shoot, turning it into a 2-for-1 special with 2 dresses, 2 models and more set-ups planned, a month later.
I found 2 other models, another date, and I even met a jewelry designer to join the fun!
The day before the photoshoot, while I was having a lovely coffee here with the lovely jewelry designer Khariz, I got a call from the agency, one of the girl backed out. Nobody else has the same measurements for the second dress. And I am not kidding. Once again, I was able to count on my team: the first model agreed to stay all day instead of just the morning and Nkem, the fashion designer from The Dress Shop, did her best to change the dresses to make sure the first model could fit in both.

I can't show you the conceptual pictures I took but I am glad to show you the beauty shots we did with Abbie, beautiful model from Sutherland Academy.

Credits:

Photography - Juliette Capdevielle
Makeup and Hair (and assistant - that woman is so versatile it's not even funny) - Armelle
Evening Gowns - The Dress Shop
Jewelry - Lola's Vanity

 

Coming soon


1 comments:

  1. My adoration for women is actually a rather innocent one if I am allowed to judge myself. I will be more than happy to outline my criteria that define my own judgment, because it's not righteous to be one's own judge. But, I think I will let my results speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

 

Popular Posts

Instagram

Mailing List

Let's Tweet!

Join me on Facebook!

Meet The Author